The Fort Lauderdale Air Show, one of the most highly attended annual events in Fort Lauderdale, returns THIS WEEKEND – Saturday and Sunday Apr 29 – Apr 30, 2023 on Fort Lauderdale Beach.
If you’re into watching very impressive sights in the sky, marveling at amazing pilots and their high flying machinery – All while taking in the beautiful scenery of the ocean and beaches of Fort Lauderdale, look no further than the Fort Lauderdale Air Show.
This is your opportunity to watch incredible flying machines – Such as the U.S. Navy Blue Angels, F-22 Raptor, F-35C Lightning, Para-Commandos, F-16 Vipers, T-38 Talon, Coast Guard Choppers, Red Bull Helicopter and more – Roar overhead while performing all sorts of incredible maneuvers such as loops, barrel roles and more .. Some even flying just 18 inches apart from each other at 600 MPH.
The U.S. Air Force will be joined by demonstration teams from the Navy, the Marines, the Florida Air National Guard, Coast Guard and more.
PRO TIPS Curated By Jason:
- Show Time: 11:30 AM to 2:45 PM both Saturday and Sunday
- Downtown Residents: Expect loud noise (and prepare pets accordingly) roaring overhead, beginning Thursday & Friday when the pilots begin their practice runs ahead of the weekend performances
- Want to avoid the crowds? While the planes will be performing directly over Fort Lauderdale Beach, they will still be zooming across, in and out of the Downtown airspace and the surrounding areas. This means that any location such as a rooftop, unobstructed sky facing location also make for great vantage points
- Out of town this weekend? Watch the intermittent practice drills Thursday and Friday afternoon
- This Year’s Headliner: The U.S. Navy Blue Angels
- Anywhere on Fort Lauderdale beach offers a spectacular vantage point
- The center of the action: The beach in front of Birch State Park (Intersection of A1A and Sunrise Blvd)
- Public parking by the beach will fill up FAST!
- Traffic heading towards the beach from all directions will be intense. PLAN AHEAD!
- Have sensitive ears? Consider bringing ear plugs
- Expect road closures such as north of Sunrise Blvd on A1A (see next bullet)
- Food and beverage vendors will be available on the street next to the beach (A1A just north of Sunrise Blvd)
- Watch From a Boat: A 4 mile Designated Safety Zone has been established by the U.S. Coast Guard and will be patrolled by USCG, BSO, FLPD. Details here
- Ride sharing services will be charging surge pricing before and after the show – Plan accordingly
- Plan a full day at the beach, long after the show ends at 3 PM, to avoid the bulk of departing traffic
For details and tickets:
- For a more exclusive experience, a variety of paid viewing options are available such as the Sand Boxes, Flight Line Club, Drop Zone Beach and VIP Penthouse – Tickets here
- Visit the official Fort Lauderdale Air Show website here
See you there!
Copyright Notice – This content has been written exclusively by Jason Taub. It may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. © 2023 Jason Taub – All Rights Reserved.