The Fort Lauderdale 4th of July Spectacular, one of the most highly attended annual events at Fort Lauderdale Beach, returns this Monday, July 4th.
Celebrate America’s Independence Day at the City of Fort Lauderdale’s free 4th of July Spectacular! The patriotic celebration will include tons of activities for everyone – Including beach games, family activities, a kids zone, inflatable water slides, live bands, hot dog and apple pie eating contests, face painting and more. The activities will be available directly on the sand of Fort Lauderdale Beach as well as at the adjacent Las Olas Oceanside Park. So if you’re not looking to step into the sand, a memorable experience is still guaranteed.
This year’s entertainment headliner … The B-52’s … Will be performing onstage on the sand 7:30 – 8:45 PM, followed directly by 23 minutes of dazzling fireworks set into the sky off the coast of Fort Lauderdale Beach.
As the sun goes down, enjoy live music and the spectacular fireworks display which has become an annual favorite for so many.
PRO TIPS Curated By Jason:
- Event Time: 12:00 PM to 9:15 PM on Monday, July 4th
- Fireworks begin at 8:45 PM and will last 23 minutes
- Downtown Residents: Expect loud noises and plan ahead with comforting your furry friends
- Want to avoid the crowds? Many ocean facing rooftops will make for great vantage points
- Anywhere on Fort Lauderdale beach offers a spectacular vantage point
- The center of the action: Las Olas Blvd and A1A
- Public parking by the beach will fill up FAST!
- Traffic heading towards the beach from all directions will be intense. PLAN AHEAD!
- Have sensitive ears? Consider bringing ear plugs
- Food and beverage vendors will be available
- Ride sharing services will be charging surge pricing before and after the show – Plan accordingly
- Plan a full day at the beach, long after the fireworks ends, to avoid the bulk of departing traffic
- Live near the beach? Consider walking or riding a bike
- Less traffic will be coming from north via Sunrise Blvd
- The Water Taxi is offering $5 per person, non-stop service from select pickup destinations. Details
- Las Olas Blvd will be partially closed to vehicular traffic once you cross the bridge towards A1A
- For Kids: Inflatable water slides, Kids Zone, face painting, games
- For Adults: Hot Dog & Apple Pie Eating Contests
For details and tickets:
- View the Water Taxi information here
- Access the complete schedule of events, traffic advisories, parking information and more, visit the City of Fort Lauderdale Parks & Recreation website here
See you there!
Copyright Notice – This content has been written exclusively by Jason Taub. It may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. © 2022 Jason Taub – All Rights Reserved.