Planning a move can be a stressful process. Follow the below tips to help you remain organized and manage through it with less stress.
1. Color code each room in your new home, then pack and label your boxes to match their new location.
2. Use suitcases to pack clothes you’ll need right away.
3. Keep essential items close on hand: Tape, scissors, utility knife, hand soap, dish soap, kitchen sponge, hand towels, cleaning supplies, garbage bags, toilet paper, flashlight, batteries, matches, emergency kits, snacks and beverages, cups and plates.
4. Include kids in your moving strategy: Let them plan their new bedroom and help you pack.
5. Your pets are moving, too: Keep water bowls, food, collars, leashes and licenses nearby along with a familiar toy to reduce their anxiety.
6. If possible, take a day or two to unpack and settle into your new home.